How to make Beef Noodle Soup
- Remove large pieces of fat from the roast and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Add oil to a pot on high heat.
- Salt and pepper the beef from all sides.
- Add beef to pot once oil is hot and sear all sides.
Make the soup: Stir together beef broth, onion mix, rosemary, garlic, and thyme. Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for one hour.
Add Vegetables. Stir in mushroom soup, celery, and carrots, and cook another 20 minutes.
Add Egg Noodles: add egg noodles and cook until tender, 5-10 minutes.
I like to serve this soup with The Best Homemade Rolls or a piece of Artisan Bread.
Store and Freeze Instructions
How to Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days—Reheat in the microwave or stove.
To freeze: Prepare the soup until you add the noodles. You can freeze the soup for up to three months without adding the noodles. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then heat on the stovetop with uncooked noodles.
- Slow-Cooker Beef Noodle Soup Sear the beef and sauté the onion in a pan as directed. Add beef broth, onion mix, and garlic cloves to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Continue to cook the soup on LOW, adding carrots, celery, and mushroom soup—season broth with additional spices or salt to taste. Add uncooked pasta and cook on low for another hour or until the noodles are tender.
- Instant Pot Beef soup: Set Instant Pot on saute. Once the oil is hot, add beef and sear on all sides. Add onion to the pot and cook. Switch off the bank. Stir in the onion soup, mushroom soup, carrots, and celery. Turn the valve to seal, secure lid, and pressure cook for 45 minutes. Release pressure naturally. Switch the pot to the saute mode and add noodles. Cook noodles until they are soft, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- ▢ 2-lb Beef Roast –
- ▢ Salt and pepper
- ▢ Use 2 Tablespoons of oil
- ▢ 8 cups of low-sodium beef broth
- ▢ One envelope of onion soup mix or You can also find out more about the following:
- ▢ One teaspoon of dried crushed rosemary
- ▢ 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ▢ Four cloves of minced garlic
- ▢ 10.5 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup, Or You can also find out more about the following:
- ▢ Peel and chop two large carrots
- ▢ Celery, two ribs
- ▢ Egg noodles 24 oz. You can also find out more about the following:
- ▢ To taste: salt and pepper
- Cut the roast into 1-inch cubes. Trim away any large pieces of fat.
- Add oil to the large pot or Dutch oven on high heat. Salt and pepper the beef from all sides.
- Add the beef to the pan when the oil is hot and sear all sides.
- Stir in the beef broth, onion mix, rosemary thyme, and garlic cloves. Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for one hour.
- Add celery, carrots, and mushroom soup and continue to cook for 20 minutes. Add egg noodles, and cook until they are tender, 5-10 minutes. If desired, stir in sauteed mushroom just before serving.
- The leftover soup can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.