Everyone who has tried this has loved it.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 pounds trimmed beef cheeks
- One large onion diced small
- One carrot, diced small
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- One teaspoon of dried thyme
- Two bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (133.5 degrees C).
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the beef in batches, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Add carrot and onion; cook for about 20 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the beef stock and wine into the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Add porcini mushrooms, bay leaves, bouillon, thyme, and bouillon cubes. Place a sheet of parchment over the top. Cover the surface with a lid.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5 to 6 hours until the beef is very soft.
- Transfer the beef onto a serving plate. Bay leaves can be thrown away. An immersion blender can be used to blend liquids into a smooth sauce. Serve sauce with beef.